Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: English for you. The matter is being deliberated???

Thành viên danh dự

Quote Originally Posted by nhipsong03 View Post
    Hi Family.
    I hope, today i can speak english fluently. This topic is success.
    A day i try writing a new english.
    Good luck for yous.
    GG...GG.GGG...GREAT!!!!!!!
    _Small mistake: good luck to you!

LET's continue! Ur Eng will be progressed days after days.
    Last edited by maixuannhat; 28/12/07 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caolamx3 View Post
    Thank you to germany!. I’m false.
    I think that. The forum opened this box about 3 day ago but it has been many quality of comment. This is successful for our box of forum. I wish we will write more and more quality of comment. Thank you for you are helping me.
    Good luck!!!
    I have some recommendation for you:
    1. I'm false - If you mean "tôi sai rồi", you may say " I was wrong"
    2. I think that. - I don't know what you mean here, if you want to say "tôi nghĩ..." , you should say " I think (that)....", don't put a full stop (dấu chấm câu) here.
    3. The forum opened this box about 3 day ago but it has been many quality of comment. - Do you think this sentence sounds better: "This box was opened (or We opened this box) only 3 days ago but there have been many qualified comments"
    [The Forum cannot open this box, it's we - the members - opened it, so you shouldn't say "the forum opened..."]
    4. This is successful for our box of forum. - The word "successful" here is correct, it is an adjective, so it is acceptable in this sentence; however, you should not add the phrase "of forum", it is enough. Or if you like you can also say "This is successful for our box of the forum", there should be an article (mạo từ) here.
    5. I wish we will write more and more quality of comment - qualified comments.
    6. Thank you for you are helping me - Sorry to say this sentence is wrong. It should be " Thanks for helping me", or "Thank you for helping me". Remember: Thank somebody for doing something.
    Try your best next time. Good luck!

Tuổi

salute you, me desire you to can relieve me out of learn English language. thank-you
    Mobile: 0935.022266 - Home: 0511.6283674
    Email: maiyeu2307@gmail.com
    Thanked 14,668 Times in 560 Posts Vãi quá, hà hà

Quote Originally Posted by hoi_ngo View Post
    haibkdn này,
    "helps us TO improve" nhé bạn ( to help SO to do Sthing)
    may u post up...." là tốt nhất bạn à. Còn nếu bạn nghi ngờ ngưới ta ko post thì cũng phải dùng :" can u post up...) ( vì sẽ xảy ra ở future mà bạn ,not COULD ( in past)
    Chỉ thế thôi,bài sửa của bạn khá hoàn chỉnh rùi. Tiếp tục phát huy nghe bạn.
    I would like to remind you something:
    1. We can say Help s/o do sth, or help s/o to do sth, both are OK
    2. Could you post up - Can you post up - May you post up have the same meaning, none is wrong. But they have some difference in formality. May is the most formal, then Could, then Can. If you are talking to a stranger or someone who is older than you, you might use May or Could.

Quote Originally Posted by nhipsong03 View Post
    Hi Family.
    I hope, today i can speak english fluently. This topic is success.
    A day i try writing a new english.
    Good luck for yous.
    I am not sure what you want to say, so I will guess and help you to improve the sentence in this way. Did you mean " Tôi mong rằng từ nay tôi sẽ có thể nói t' Anh trôi chảy hơn. Topic này rất thành công. Mỗi ngày tôi sẽ cố gẵng viết...(a new english là một tiếng anh mới +__+). Chúc may mắn"
    If so, you ought to say:
    "I hope I can speak English more fluently from now on. This topic is successful. I will try to write some English everyday. Good luck to you"

From now on means since today
    Successful is an adjective.
    Try TO do sth means "cố gắng". While Try doing means "thử". If you meant "thử", keep your words.
    YOUS? Oh no.

Quote Originally Posted by hoi_ngo View Post
    GG...GG.GGG...GREAT!!!!!!!
    _Small mistake: good luck to you!

LET's continue! Ur Eng will be progressed days after days.

Dear hoi_ngo,
    - "progress" is not used for Passive Voice. If you really like Passive Voiced sentences, use "improve".
    - "day after day", not DAYS.
    Good luck

(yawn) It's 2 a.m. I'm gonna sleep. G9!

Tuổi

Manchester's new Islington Millennium Community

11 April, 2008
    Construction Excellence looks at the sustainable approach clients EP and Urban Splash have taken in East Manchester

The New Islington Millennium Community is a development on a 12.5 ha site at Ancoats, East Manchester, the third Millennium Community to be identified as part of English Partnerships’ national programme.
    The development site included the former Cardroom Estate, which was built in the late 1970s. By the 1990s, the estate’s community was suffering the effects of massive depopulation, poor services and high levels of crime.
    Only half the 204 homes were occupied when the site was identified for development as a Millennium Community.
    The clients, EP, New East Manchester, Urban Splash, Manchester City Council have reinvented the previously neglected and rundown estate with cutting-edge architecture, new waterways and new housing.

Sustainable objective

A key objective for the project was sustainability and ensuring the project was undertaken in an environmentally sensitive way.

Getting the site ready for development, a job undertaken by civil engineering and building contractor Volker Stevin, has involved work to remove chemical and metal by-products left over from former canal-side industries.
    This took place on-site, where materials were cleaned and reused; which ensured that no earthworks materials were sent to landfill.
    Volker Stevin has delivered the environmental improvements and new infrastructure through Early Contractor Involvement, working with the design team and the local community and through employing and training local people.

The ‘Rock’ and swinging bridge

The purpose of the remediation and infrastructure work was to rejuvenate the area by building new infrastructure including public realm areas, canals and a water park, as well as building plots on which a new sustainable community can be built.

Green goals

The management of this site has balanced the environmental, economic and social needs of the area better than most construction projects and is one of the first major construction schemes to really consider sustainability in both process and outcomes.

The New Islington project improved the environment and the outcome is a greener place that will function better for the community. The construction processes always considered environmental issues; Volker Stevin is one of only two contractors in the UK with EMAS accreditation, which sets standards above and beyond those generally accepted in the industry.
    Mobile: 0935.022266 - Home: 0511.6283674
    Email: maiyeu2307@gmail.com
    Thanked 14,668 Times in 560 Posts Vãi quá, hà hà

co ai co pahn men tra tu dien cau duong ko cho tui voi

Đã cấm
    Tuổi

Quote Originally Posted by nhat_uct View Post
    co ai co pahn men tra tu dien cau duong ko cho tui voi
    Sử dụng bộ tử diển EConTech ProDic 2007, mua ở Le Loi

Thành viên danh dự

Default Giá lúa mì tăng cao

Market prices for wheat have doubled in the last year and global stocks have fallen to their lowest point in thirty years. Supplies have dwindled because of poor harvests caused by drought or flooding, and to ensure food supplies, many governments have placed restrictions on wheat exports.

Demand is growing because of population growth and increased wealth in developing countries like China and India. High income growth in these countries means consumers with a bigger appetite for meat, dependent on grain and other foodstuffs previously considered luxuries.

And in developed countries like the US many farmers are being persuaded to switch to growing bio-fuels instead of wheat. 40 million tonnes of maize in the US are now used to make the bio-fuel ethanol, and farmers receive hefty subsidies to grow it.

There are other factors too that contribute to price rises, and market speculation is one of them. At a time of widespread fears of an economic slowdown, food commodities like wheat and corn are seen as a good safe bet because they are likely to ride out any recession when other investments might not.

( nguồn NET )

doubled
    tăng gấp đôi

global stocks
    các nguồn dự trữ có sẵn để bán hay tiêu thụ trên toàn cầu

dwindled
    trở nên nhỏ đi, ít hơn

placed restrictions on wheat exports
    đưa ra mức hạn chế đối với số lượng lúa mỳ được phép bán ra nước ngoài

with a bigger appetite for
    mong muốn đạt được cái gì đó với số lượng lớn hơn

to switch to growing bio-fuels
    chuyển từ việc trồng lúa mỳ sang trồng các loại cây khác có thể tạo ra năng lượng (trong trường hợp này là trồng ngô)

receive hefty subsidies
    được trợ giá rất nhiều (từ phía chính phủ...) để bù cho các chi phí trồng ngô

market speculation
    sự đồn đoán trên thị trường, khiến người ta mua bán với hy vọng giá trị lô hàng mình mua sẽ tăng, để sau này có thể bán lại kiếm lời

a good safe bet
    (= a safe bet) điều mà mình tin chắc là sẽ xảy ra

to ride out any recession
    không bị ảnh hưởng nặng nề bởi bất kỳ tình trạng suy thoái kinh tế nào

( những từ còn lại thì đoán nhá , không đoán đc thì cho qua , học nhiều đau đầu lém )

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345